How DO we get our servers so fast?
1. Quality hardware providers – fast machines, fast drives, abundant memory, low latency networks.
2. Proven performance stacks – industry-leading web servers with all the fancy features. Our stack is optimized for performance, not resource-efficiency!
3. Expert configurations – precisely tuned for applications, databases, and heavy load.
4. Low server density – our servers are loaded very light, not crazy packed. Mid-day CPU loads around 25%.
5. Relaxed restrictions – relatively uncased environments. More maintenance for us but better performance for you.
6. Of course there’s secret sauce – we can’t tell you everything we’re doing!
That’s pretty much all there is to it. Expert configurations, generous resource allotments, and no cutting corners! Other hosts use slower machines, slower drives, overload their servers, and set tighter restrictions. We’re very proud of our performance and love surprising our customers.
We strive for as close to 100% uptime as possible. We’ve even had entire years go by without a single downtime. Honestly, it’s not that hard. We pick the most reliable hardware vendors in the industry and take great care in maintaining our servers. All changes and updates carefully logged, no rogue patching or risky updates in the middle of the business day!
Don’t get us wrong. Downtimes can (and do) happen. The difference is being proactive about it and staying transparent with our clients. We choose the best vendors, don’t overcrowd the server, and do our maintenance carefully. Any downtimes or issues will be noted on our blog! We promise not to ghost on your tickets only to respond 2 days later with, “Everything fixed now. Try again.” We can’t sleep either when our servers are down.
The only 4 downtime scenarios you’ll ever see from us: